Enjoy the energy along the shore at Cleveland's lakefront.
North Coast Harbor is where the city meets the lake in Downtown Cleveland. Visitors, professionals, and residents enjoy panoramic urban skylines connecting the water with open green spaces.
The district is home to world-class venues, including the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum, the Great Lakes Science Center, and FirstEnergy Stadium – home of the Cleveland Browns. These unique places sit alongside public spaces such as Voinovich Bicentennial Park, and local institutions like the Goodtime III. Together, the waterfront vista and the endless activities set the stage for memorable events and everyday fun. North Coast Harbor is a must-see destination – equally so for locals attending a Browns game and out-of-towners seeking a world-class museum experience. For residents and local businesses, the district represents an escape from everyday life, a place to enjoy summer yoga events, or simply to take a deep breath and relax as the sun sets over the waterfront horizon.
Uniquely situated at the city’s front door – this district has a feeling all its own, where the energy of the cityscape meets the tranquil waters of Lake Erie. This energy will build in years to come as the City of Cleveland is continues to invest in district improvements and amenities that will enhance accessibility and elevate visitor experiences.
Park & Pier Hours
Hours of operation have been posted for Voinovich Park, E 9th Street Pier and our seasonal sand volleyball courts. The hours are are strictly enforced.
Voinovich Bicentennial Park | 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m year round
Sand Volleyball Courts | 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. daily May – October
E 9th Street Pier | Sun – Thur, 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
E 9th Street Pier | Fri & Sat, 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
*dependent on Goodtime III & Nuevo Cleveland business hours.
Please know the above changes have been placed to create a quieter living environment for our Harbor Veranda's residents. We appreciate your support in efforts to keep the harbor as a place to be enjoyed by all.
North Coast Harbor Signature Events
The City of Cleveland & Downtown Cleveland Alliance: The mission of the Downtown Cleveland Alliance in relation to the North Coast Harbor is to create a dynamic waterfront that engages, enlightens & entertains Cleveland residents and visitors. In 2013, a contract was signed between the City of Cleveland’s Department of Port Control and Downtown Cleveland Alliance to take over the Common Area Maintenance Agreement (CAM) for North Coast Harbor. The contract outlined that Downtown Cleveland Alliance would provide professional service in regards to property maintenance, management and event planning services at North Coast Harbor.
North Coast Harbor Code of Conduct
North Coast Harbor is committed to providing an enjoyable experience for all guests & residents. While visiting the district, the following general activities will not be accepted:
- Violations of the law
- Any activity that threatens the safety of our visitors, stakeholders, contractors and/or employees
- Any activity that would damage property or hinder daily operations
- For the safety of all our visitors, vehicles and motorcycles are prohibited inside Voinovich Park and on pedestrian walkways (unless valid permit is issued)
- Smoking is prohibited in Voinovich Park
Examples of specific activities that are not permitted include, but are not limited to:
- Disruptive profanity, vulgar or threatening language or unpermitted amplified sound
- Unnecessarily blocking walkways, roadways or pier entrance.
- Soliciting, littering or excessive loitering
- Unleashed dogs or exotic pets
- Illegal weapons
- Operating an unmanned aerial vehicle (i.e. drone)
- Flying kites
- Releasing balloons or lanterns
- Feeding wildlife or encouraging birds, seagulls, geese to gather
- Selling or vending in Voinovich Bicentennial Park or East 9th Street Pier without valid City permit and credentials.
- Hosting a special event or gathering without valid City of Cleveland permit.
- Use of “color smoke bombs"
Park hours are posted as dawn to dusk year-round; exceptions to the rule are given to special events with valid permits extending hours of use.
Properties are patrolled and portions of the district are under 24/7 surveillance.
Parking fees on the East 9th Pier are collected 24/7. The rate is by the hour with a daily max fee of $17. Special Event rates vary. All vehicles including motorcycles must be in a designated parking spot.