North Coast Harbor’s wellness initiative, Ship Shape Running Club, is the perfect way to enjoy Downtown Cleveland and burn calories each Thursday evening from 6:30pm-7:30pm.
Brought to you by the City of Cleveland and Downtown Cleveland Alliance, Ship Shape is a FREE running club welcoming runners from all fitness levels and ages. Our runs are led by area coaches. The workout is around 1 hour and includes; warm up, run and/or circuit training and cool down. We will average 1+miles in distance (progressing in miles during the season). All runners must complete our online registration & waiver release form. All runners must check-in using a QR Code at the beginning of the workout. Runs begin and end in North Coast Harbor. Routes vary week to week.
Registration : Let us know you are attending!
- Post on our Facebook Event page Ship Shape Run Club Event Page
- Just show up… we don’t mind! 🙂
Get reminders and route updates on our weekly runs via text! Text ShipShapeRun to 760-670-3130
Parking: We suggest you park at the street (Erieside: front of Rock Hall/Alfred Learner Way: south of FirstEnergy Stadium) parking meters are FREE after 6PM. All other lots will charge an hourly rate.
Warm up: We will warm up and stretch together, we begin warm up at 6:15pm.
Check-in: Please check-in between 6:15pm & 6:25pm next to the Cleveland Script Sign. We will start the run promptly at 6:30pm (after warm up). Walk ups welcome. All registration and check-in is contactless. Please download a QR Code reader to your phone prior to attending our group workout.
ROUTES/WORKOUTS: Route/workout changes will be shared to the GROUP PAGE- Ship Shape North Coast Running Club on Facebook and via text!
W1 June 3: Cleveland Group Run (3.5 miles)
W2 June 10: Speed training
W3 June 17: Cleveland Group Run (4.0 miles)
W4 June 24: Body strength training
W5 July 1: Cleveland Group Run (4.5 miles)
W6 July 8: Speed training
W7 July 15: Cleveland Group Run (5.0 miles)
W8 July 22: Body strength training
W9 July 29 :Cleveland Group Run (5.0 miles)
W10 August 5: Speed training
W11 August 12: Cleveland Group Run (4 miles -routeTBD as towpath finishes)
W12 August 19: Body strength trainingCool down & Stretch: When we return to the park, post run, we will take 5-10 minutes to cool down and stretch. You may take more time if you need it.
Please know that runs/workouts are subject to change.
***For the safety of the group, we ask that runners avoid wearing earbuds/headphones so that they are aware of their surroundings at all times.
Tips for Beginner Runners
- Dress for the Weather: Hats, sunglasses, sunscreen and lightweight clothing for summer running
- Sweating: It is best to run in clothing with breathable wicking material to avoid chaffing and blisters caused by sweat; the wicking material draws perspiration away from the skin and will help to keep you from overheating in warmer weather runs
- Shoes: wear appropriate running sneakers, if you are in the market for a new pair visit your local Fleet Feet or Second Sole for the perfect fit
- Hydration: Be sure to hydrate with plenty of water throughout the day prior to the run. Depending on the weather the day of the run, bring a bottle of water with you to stay hydrated during the run.
- Walking is OK: You know your limits, don’t push it we are out here for fun!
For upcoming race information visit, Hermes Sports & Events
What should I wear?
Comfortable running sneakers, weather appropriate clothes, sunglasses and sunscreen are suggested (pay attention to the weather)
What should I bring?
You may want to have a water bottle with you, depending on the weather. It is always good to carry a form of personal ID in case of an emergency.
Is there someplace I can change my clothes/use the restroom?
Yes, the public restrooms are located on the north side of the Nuevo restaurant, next to the sand volleyball courts at the end of E9th Street Pier.
Are there restrooms located throughout the route?
No, please make sure you take care of business before we leave the harbor. Public restrooms are available next to the sand volleyball courts.
Where should I park?
FREE Meter parking on E9th Street and Erieside after 6PM. Parking on the E9th Pier is monitored 24/7, parkers pay by hour with credit card or exact cash.